Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Way the Wind Blows

So, John Cusick gave my draft to Scott Treimel and didn't even read it himself. Treimel said no, and so that's the end of that. What a huge disappointment. I thought this might be the year I would get a book published. And John was so excited about my story.

Woman said I should send out morre queries right away, but I'm waiting. I'm in mourning for the contract that didn't happen. I'll get back to it soon. It has been over a month now since I got the news. I just haven't been willing to write about it. I also haven't been ready to move on until now. I think I'm nearly over it now.

I am back to working on my serial killer book. I think I have a better narrative than before, but I don't think I have the ending down as much as I want to. M (Woman) gave me some ideas for the climax, which will help with the ending. She is always able to see things that I can't.

Hopefully she'll do NaNo again this year. I finally read her NaNo book from 2006 (2007 was aborted because of my father). Her story was pretty good. She needs work on dialogue, but otherwise, she's a talented story teller. I'm looking forward to writing in November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home