Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Way the Wind Blows, Draft 7

I finally sent The Way the Wind Blows to John Cusick. I looked up his name on line so I wouldn't spell it wrong. I mailed it on Friday, May 23, and it was supposed to get there on Tuesday this past week. I hope to hear from them soon that they got it, but I am leaving a few months of time before I expect that they will be finished looking at it.

I think the new changes are good. I feel much better about the conflicts between the three boys, and I think the elements with Sid's father are much better.

Nicole was a huge help. I emailed her the copy when I emailed it to the Yams, and she read it in about a day or so and had feedback for me on all the chapters. It was super cool. Mara did a similar thing. Both of them were such a big help in getting this last draft together.

I still have yet to get any feedback from any of the Yams. Laurel couldn't open her document I sent her, so she didn't read it. Mary started it, but I realized she had the draft before NIcole and Mara fixed things, so it was really a pointless read of the first few chapters. I gave her a new copy.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that this draft will impress JOhn Cusick enough that he will pursue a publisher for me, and the publisher will want it. I don't care if I need to do more revision; I really would like to see my work in print in the next couple years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home