Monday, August 09, 2004

Moondog yet again

So I made a huge mistake and started browsing through the rejection letters (read: notes or postcards) from a book I tried to find an agent for in 2002 (not too inspiring, to say the least), and I came across one that seemed to sort of slap me in the face in a round about way. She started by telling me my work is far to long for the Young Adult market--which I know it is--and then she asked if I had read any of the books she had sold--as if I were too stupid to do any research about her before querying, which I sort of was. I merely looked for agents who were open to quirky young adult...Anyway, to my surprise and amusement, she sold the Moondog series. She was the agent for the book series I had so many questions about!!

Now I feel more critical toward the books, which I shouldn't. It's not really Henry Garfield (the author)'s fault that his agent turned me down. And from a certain logical standpoint, she had the right to turn me down.

I just found it utterly hilarious that she was schooling me on how to write a book when she goes after the likes of Moondog, which I so clearly feel was wrongly placed in the Young Adult market. (Deep breath...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home