Friday, July 02, 2004

The Alienist

I've wanted to read Caleb Carr's The Alienist for years now but never really wanted to tackle a book that long. I like to read, but I really prefer things that are between 200-400 pages. Otherwise, I lose interest. One of those MTV generation things.

So anyway, I was taking a road trip and decided to buy a book on tape and wouldn't you know, Half Price Books had The Alieist on tape. I listened to it on my return trip. Engrosing story until about half way through when they figure out who the killer is. After that point, everything else was ho-hum. I figured the narrator would make it out alive by the end, since it's written in first person, so there was really nothing at stake once the killer was known.

Maybe I built it up too much in my mind. I did like the bit about the eyeballs in the jar. That's something I haven't heard of before. Not overly original, granted, but it got my attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home