Thursday, July 29, 2004

Techno-idiots

I started up a blog for some friends I met so we could all keep in touch. So far only three of the ten people have been able to figure out how to get on. Only one did so without help from me. Ironically, she is my age. The rest are all older, though some by only a few years. I don't think the blog is a difficult thing to figure out. Is it just me? I think blogspot makes it easy to figure out. I can't understand why they're all having such a problem.

Anyway, I wanted to keep the blog limited to just our group so we can comment and know who's commenting on what, but I can't get them to figure out how to get on to a secured blog. So I had to open up the blog to everyone so they have a fighting chance of getting on. I think it'll be fine that way, but I'm frustrated. I feel like if I can figure out this stuff, other people should be able to, too. Alas, that is not the case.

1 Comments:

At 8/05/2004 3:57 PM , Blogger John said...

Hi, all ok up north. Just blogged it if you want to know more. Ready to come home.

Sorry about Techno-fools. Sometimes I think people our age or older feel that since they weren't part of the computer generation, they don't have to know anything about it. Or they think like my father: "why do you have to go through so many steps? I thought computers were supposed to make things easier!"

Call you Sunday. Later, J.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home