Saturday, November 17, 2007


The ironic thing is that once I posted the last blog, my dad finally passed away that night. I got a call from the hospice around 11:45 PM to tell me that he was gone. So maybe I only needed to make my request more well known.

This is the photo of my dad that I'll be putting in the paper for his obituary. I think it's the way he liked to imagine himself, and I think it was the time when he felt most like the person he wanted to be. Fort Snelling won't offer him the burial that he is supposed to get from them, and I'm quite pissed about it. It's the only thing he wanted. So I'm going to see who I can try to persuade over the next few months to make this happen for him. He will be cremated and I guess he'll just hang out with us until we can bury him at Fort Snelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home