Saturday, April 02, 2005

Finally, a Yam meeting

After having a great week at a Bemidji writers' "camp" last summer, some fellow YA writers and I made a writers' group called the Hairy Yams. We've emailed and I started a blog for them--which they haven't really been to...--but we didn't have any meetings. One was scheduled a few months ago, but everyone backed out.

Well, today it finally happened. We set up the Caribou Coffee meeting spot and four of us got together. It was great to see them all again. Mostly we did some catching up. It was cool, though, because everything seemed to go along really naturally. I liked that about them last summer. It was okay to say just about anything, and they would listen and give feedback. Only one person brought writing. So she read some of it and we discussed it. Next time we're all supposed to bring something to read. So I guess I better get writing. We agreed to meet once a month.

Hopefully that will get me writing at least a few times a month. Go Yams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home