Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Baby

My wife is crazy about babies off and on over the past four years or so. I have my moments as well, but I usually come back to the fact that I like my peace and quiet and my sleep and my money, little though it is. I do think that I want a kid and if it doesn't happen soon, it won't happen. I just dread the stuff I know comes with it.

She does too. We talk about it from time to time. But them we always come back to the fact that neither of us can imagine growing old without ever having at least one child.

My cousin Scott's wife is pregnant with their second child. It's a girl they will call Kelly and she's due in April. They've had some rough times trying to get this second child, so I'm happy for them. But still jealous.

My wife and I went to Babys'R'Us and bought a few things for Kelly. Amy said the only things they really don't have for Kelly are some girly outfits. So even though it goes against my wife's tomboy upbringing and my dislike of pink, we picked out three adorable girly outfits (two of them pink) to give to Amy the next time we see her.

Each time I see them hanging on the doorknob downstairs, I think about having our own child. It makes me scared, it makes me excited, it makes me too many things to describe. Mostly at this point impatient and worried. I worry about the impact a child will have on my lifestyle, which is very tame. But I do enjoy traveling and going to the movies...both of which will probably have to be on hold for a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home