Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Writing...blah

I'm not really sure what to write about, but it's Creative Writing Club time and I am not interested in working on the novel I'm writing. I don't have the chapter with me and I'm at a part where I'm not really motivated to continue. I have to find the place where it's interesting to me again, otherwise I'll never finish it.

I'm on the third draft, but never finished the second because I changed what I was doing. I like how the third draft is going, but I've become far too much of a perfectionist to accomplish what I need to. I keep writing things and thinking they're not good enough. I don't want to have to rework it again when I'm done with this draft, so I want it to be totally polished right now. But it's nowhere near polished. Who knows if it will ever be.

I think about switching to one of the other novel ideas I have, but those have the same daunting task as the other: I am at the point where I've lost interest, which means the reader will lose interest, which means it won't be a successful book.

I need to find a place to restart one of them. November with NaNoWriMo was so rewarding. I like the idea of having a novel finished. I even like the idea of revising...it's just that the novels I have right now to revise need so much work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home