Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

It's only fitting to write about the new year on January first, so here I am writing about the new year, only I think what I'd like to write about is 2005.

I asked my wife last night what was the best things we did in 2005. It boiled down quickly to two things: getting our new puppy Riley and visiting the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland. Both pretty fabulous events, really.

I think the Giant's Causeway is the most awe-inspiring place I've ever been. Also the most spiritual in many ways. It's so unique and it's so vast. I don't think I've ever walked so far in my life, a good 13 miles. I also don't think I've ever climbed so high. We were above the seagulls' nests. It was amazing. Also, I love the ocean. There's nothing like the ocean. The water there is so vivid, so many different shades of green and blue. I hope to go back in a few more years.

The puppy, though, wins, I think. She's so sweet and so cute and she really puts things into perspective, sort in the same way I guess a child will/would. I think a baby would be a much bigger change, of course, but Riley does add a lot of the same elements a baby does. She needs constant attention and help. She is constantly learning. She is the cutest little thing...

So I think all in all, in spite of all the crap and the thousands of dollars we ended up spending on the house and car(s), 2005 was a pretty good year. I hope 2006 will be just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home